We'd like to make the administrative and support staff of our broker offices aware of the following procedures and responsibilities. See the links below to quickly navigate this page.
FREQUENTLY REQUESTED FORMS:
Membership Application - Please see our "Join as a Realtor" page to find our current applicaiton. Do not print and keep copies of this document in your office, as it is updated periodically. Always refer agents to our website. The dues schedule (broken down into a monthly proration) can be found on the last page of the application PDF. We only need Pages 1-2 returned to us. All instructions and a list of required documents is printed on the application itself. Partially completed applications or applications that are missing required documentation or payment cannot be processed.
Credit Card Authorization Form - For initial dues payments, or office sponsorships, etc.
Termination & Transfer Form - To be completed by broker or admin staff online. Used to remove an agent from your roster or add a currently active GPBR member to your roster. This is NOT a replacement for an application. If the agent is not a GPBR member, he/she must fill out an application and formally join the board. Please fill out completely, including MLS information.
Office Change Form - Use this form to notify us of changes to your office's contact information.
Sunday Open House Submission Form - to be completed by admin staff. One form is accepted per office.
As a member of GPBR, your office is responsible for informing us of any of the changes outlined below. Failure to promptly notify us of these changes can result in inaccurate information being published on the MLS or an interruption of services.
- When an active GPBR member joins or leaves your office (Use the Termination & Transfer Form. Be sure to indicate which MLS the agent participates in. Note that this is a staff-only form, not to be filled out by agent!)
- Any change to the brokerage's contact information, including address, phone number, the designated Realtor (i.e. Broker), addional branches, etc.
- Changes to agent's contact info, particularily email address. Dues renewals are only sent out via email.
- Switching MLSes. (In the case of Realcomp, you must submit your Realcomp Office Participation form to us. See this page for more info.)
- New Admin Staff. We appreciate knowing when there is a new member of your team and the office should provide us with his or her name and email address.
MEMBERSHIP CLASSIFICATIONS & DEFINITIONS
PRIMARY, SECONDARY, AFFILIATE MEMBERS
- PRIMARY MEMBERS pay their national, state, and local dues to GPBR.
- SECONDARY MEMBERS have an active primary membership elsewhere and pay only local dues to GPBR. They are still entitled to full benefits of GPBR membership (submitting Sunday Opens, broker opens, receiving news updates, etc.)
- AFFILIATES are non-licensed individuals who work in a real estate related industry. Affiliates pay local dues only and are not members of MR or NAR. They do not receive MLS access.
There is no difference in member benefits, but there is a slight reduction to dues for Tier II members.
- TIER I agents belong to offices located within one of the five Grosse Pointes.
- TIER II agents belong to offices located outside of Grosse Pointe.
NEW VS. RETURNING MEMBERS
- A member is considered NEW if he or she has never belonged to a board before, regardless of how long he/she has been licensed. A member is also considered NEW if his/her membership with GPBR has been inactive for 24 months or longer.
- A member is considered RETURNING if they are re-joining GPBR after an absence of less than 24 months. An application must still be submitted, but the application fee will be waived.
Note: We follow guidelines established by Michigan Realtors and National Association of Realtors regarding delinquent dues renewals. If an agent fails to pay their dues renewal and is not formally terminated by the office, they are considered a "delinquent renewal" and will not be able to pay a prorated amount when they re-activate their membership. For example, a member lets his dues expire and does nothing for months, then gets a listing in June. He would owe dues for the entire calendar year, not a prorated portion for June. This is why it's important that offices notifiy us to terminate memebrships if an agent goes into holding or takes a leave of absense.
NEW MEMBER INFORMATION
The following things are done by GPBR when a new agent submits a completed application with payment:
- Member is added to the National Realtor Database (NRDS) and assigned a NRDS number, which can be found here.
- Member is added to our local database.
- A receipt of their payment to GPBR is emailed directly to the agent.
- Member is emailed a welcome letter, reminding him/her of their membership requirements, and inviting him/her to attend our next Orientation or New Members Meeting
- MLS is contacted notifying them of a new agent on our roster.
- Member is added to our general newsletter email list, and also the Broker Opens list (if requested.)
- In the fall, if our dues renewals have already been generated for the following year, then the member gets a dues renewal notice for the following year immediately upon joining.
All new members are required to attend a 3 hour Orientation session within the first two offerings of the class. Returning or transferring members are required to attend a 1-hour New Members Meeting within the first two offerings of the meeting. Failure to do so will result in board suspension and removal from the MLS.
Additionally, new members are required to complete NAR's New Member Code of Ethics Training within 30 days of joining the board, and returning or transferring members are expected to be current with their COE Cycle. If a returning or transferring member failed to complete the last cycle and hasn't taken COE for the current cycle, he/she will be expected to complete it within the first 30 days of membership in order to be in compliance with NAR.